Just a quick blog today. I was deploying an RD Gateway into an environment today and I came across a unique error code when adding it into the deployment, “2147965800”.
Upon checking the event log on the gateway server I could see a couple of policies were created successfully but then I saw a couple of error entries.
Firstly I got ‘The resource group “RDG_RDCBComputers” could not be created. The following error occurred: “23106”. To resolve this issue, ensure that you have configured resource group settings correctly and set the correct value and permissions for the RAP.xml file and the RAPStore registry key.’
The second error I got was ‘The resource authorization policy (RAP) “RDG_RDConnectionBrokers” could not be created. The following error occurred: “23400”. To resolve this issue, ensure that you have configured RAP settings correctly and set the correct value and permissions for the RAP.xml file and the RAPStore registry key.’
Google & Bing both failed me, turning up references to people messing with environmental variables, this was a new server so that wasn’t the case. I decided to change tactics and instead of deploying the RD Gateway from the connection broker, I decided to deploy it from the RD Gateway itself, by adding the servers into Server Manager. When I did this I got my first big clue what the issue was, DNS! I promptly got an error it was unable to look up the connection broker server and upon reviewing DHCP, it wasn’t being supplied by Windows and therefore supporting options such as search domain were missing. I went into network and sharing centre, reconfigured IPv4 for the interface to include the DNS Suffix in DNS registration, once this was done the issue was resolved and RD Gateway deployment was successful.
I’ll close this blog post with the infamous haiku.
It’s not DNS
There’s no way it’s DNS
It was DNS